Monday, June 29, 2015

Buzz Off | Charity Event {One Mission} | Foxborough, Ma


I had the absolute pleasure of spending a day photographing for One Mission, 
a childhood cancer foundation dedicated to enhancing the lives of pediatric cancer patients and their families. 
I was honored to be invited along with Annmaire Swift & Jen Araya to this years Buzz Off! 
by the wonderful, Shannon Croninwho has been donating her time photographing this event for years.

Starting the day I didn't know what to expect, as most people close to me know, 
I can be a bit emotional. Would I cry? What would I say to people? 
But when the families started arriving, I quickly saw, it was not a day for sadness. 
It was a day for celebration, inspiration & fun! 
Watching all the smiling faces, hearing all the wonderful stories of people and communities 
coming together to raise donations and support for one another, was a moving experience.

The men, woman & children who came with the mission to shave their heads in support of 
the many children and families who are struggling to fight this terrible disease was magical. 
The tears I thought I'd see were happily replaced with smiles {BIG smiles} 
high fives, hugs & kisses. 

Rock on to this amazing organization & all of those fresh summer cuts!





















































No comments:

Post a Comment

);